Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Kielder Forest Star Camp 18/10/2017 – 23/10/2017 Kielder Campsite, Kielder, Hexham NE48 1EJ, UK Five nights under some of the darkest skies in England. For booking information visit kielderforeststarcamp.org
- Orionid meteor shower 21/10/2017 An excellent meteor shower produced by grains of dust from Comet Halley, The moon will set early in the evening leaving dark skies which is ideal. Best viewed from a dark location after midnight. Use your naked eye and look up.
- Beginners' Astronomy Workshop 10/11/2017 at 18:00 – 21:30 Education Barn - Chambers Farm Wood - LN8 5JR Market Rasen - United Kingdom For details, link here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/beginners-astronomy-workshop-tickets-36747233966
- Venus meets Jupiter 13/11/2017 The planets Venus and Jupiter will be visible in the eastern pre-dawn sky very close to each other. Venus will be the brighter of the two.
- Galloway Star Camp 15/11/2017 – 20/11/2017
- Leonids Meteor Shower 17/11/2017 – 18/11/2017 Once the year's best, these days the Leonids rate as an average meteor shower, producing up to 15 shooting stars per hour.. The spectacle is produced by dust grains left behind by comet Tempel-Tuttle being intercepted by the earth on its orbit around the sun and burning up in the atmosphere.. Peak rates are expected…
- Super Moon 03/12/2017 The full moon will be at its closest approach to the Earth of the year and may look slightly larger and brighter than usual.
- Redesdale Arms Stargazing Weekend 08/12/2017 – 09/12/2017 A stargazing weekend in the lead up to Christmas. Enjoy Christmas hospitality combined with colourful astronomy talks for novices and telescope observing guided by experts! We’ll also keep our eyes open for shooting stars from the Geminid Meteor shower. You will also learn about telescopes and binoculars, get some tips on taking pictures of the…
- Geminds meteor shower 13/12/2017 The best meteor shower of the year, running between 7 and 17 December. It peaks this year on the night of the 13/14 . Despite a crescent moon the Geminids should put on a good show. Meteors will radiate from the constellation Gemini, but can appear anywhere in the sky. So relax, use your naked…
- Beginners' Astronomy Workshop and Geminid Watch - Yorkshire Dales 13/12/2017 at 18:00 – 21:30 Village Hall - High Cam Road - DL8 3EL Bainbridge - United Kingdom For details, link here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/beginners-astronomy-workshop-and-geminid-watch-yorkshire-dales-tickets-37030219383