Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Dalby Forest Starfest 29/08/2019 – 02/09/2019 Dalby Forest, Scarborough YO13, UK Four nights under the lovely skies of the North York Moors. Camping on Adderstone Field in one of Yorkshire's biggest forests. The view of the Milky Way is sublime. http://www.scarborough-ryedale-as.org.uk/saras/starfest/starfest-2019/ Open to beginners (pre booking essential) but red lights rules apply.
- South Pennines Dark Sky Walk 09/09/2019 at 19:15 – 21:00 Attendees: Claire Kunzler plus 1 07901 500409
- Star Tips Northumberland 12/09/2019 at 18:00 – 20:00 The Cheviot Centre Padgepool Place Wooler NE71 6BL
- County Durham Star Tips 17/09/2019 at 12:00 – 15:00 Durham Dales Centre, Castle Gardens, Stanhope, Bishop Auckland DL13 2FJ, UK
- Bowlees space talk 19/09/2019 at 18:30 – 20:30 Fee £150. Space - the final frontier. But where next?This year is the 50th anniversary of the first humans stepping foot on the moon. But where are we going next? We'll be pushing the boundaries to trace the next stage of our journey into the cosmos. When will we go to Mars and will we…
- Orionid Meteor Shower 21/10/2019 The lovely Orionid meteor shower peaks overnight, with the best time to view actually in the wee small hours of 22 Oct. The show is produced by bits of debris left behind by Comet Halley entering the earth's atmosphere and burning up. Don't bother with telescopes and binos - your naked eye is the best…
- Kielder Star Camp 30/10/2019 at 14:00 – 04/11/2019 at 15:00 Kielder Campsite, Kielder, Hexham NE48 1EJ, UK Another fabulous five night star camp under the Milky Way and the darkest and starriest skies in England. kielderforeststarcamp.org
- Rare transit of Mercury 11/11/2019 A rare transit of Mercury across the face of the Sun is visible from the UK on 11 November. The planet will be seen as a black disc moving across the sun. The event starts soon after noon and to observe it you will need a telescope fitted with a special solar filter. Looking at…
- Geminids Meteor Shower 13/12/2019 The very best of all the meteor showers - the ever reliable Geminids - peaks overnight. Unfortunately this year we have to contend with a near full moon in the sky and that make all but the brightest invisible.